We offer Repair and Renovation services for you sash windows in Devon and Cornwall. The most common cause of decay is water penetration. In a high percentage of cases that we have dealt with over the years, water penetration has often been caused by one or more of the five common problems listed below.
Sash window renovation – Preserve the heritage and unique charm of your property and benefit from the performance of a modern window with our renovation service. Traditional timber sliding sash windows are an essential feature of a period building’s character. Therefore it is vital to retain them, not only because of the aesthetic appeal, but because they add value to your property.
- Rotten sills can be replaced with hardwood, thus ensuring a longer life than inferior softwood.
- Other repairs to the sash window are carried out using either new timber or a specially formulated epoxy resin.
- Loose or missing putty replaced.
- Pulleys serviced or replaced.
- Sash cords replaced with a high quality waxed cotton containing a strong polypropylene core.
- Unique draught proofing system installation – totally unobtrusive and invisible.
- Many casement windows and doors, including French doors, are suitable for draught proofing.
- Cracked or broken panes of glass can be re glazed.
- New furniture, including sash lifts, sash fasteners and locks can be supplied and fitted.
We specialise in sash window repair all over Devon and Cornwall. Our services include Repairs, Renovation and Draught Proofing. With our knowledge of sash windows we give our customers the best possible solution of repair to their sliding sash windows.